Tuesday 22 February 2011

THINKING SHAPES

Thinking Shape forms Sketches
January 22nd start date.

I begain by deciding to look at the basics shapes at the start of my design process. This is because I wanted to gain an idea on how combining he basic shapes can create the different building spaces, interesting walkways, how to connect areas and to discover different entrance points.  This idea I will then be able to develop further and test a few ideas out on the site.

This sketch is showing my first movement with thinking bout the design. I began looking at the simple basic shapes.














This sketch continues to look at more basic shapes and to understand the different aspects each shape has.


















This sketch shows how I began to think more Architecturally with the shapes and began to see what would happen if I began combining the same simple shape together.
















This sketch is shows more development with combining the basic shape together. I played around with the size too to see if different spaces could be created.
















I began to look at rectangles next and develop these in the same way, changing the sizes and angels of each one.
















This sketch shows the idea developing further with more of the same basic shape being included with overlaps.

















Next I moved onto triangles and how the angles of the triangles could create different walkway passageways and create different levels.















Next I began the same idea with circles. The circles gave an intersting shape format when overlaped with each other but in practicle terms perhaps not the best for a build.















My final stage was to look at parallelograms.  I used the same process by changing the angles of the shape as they overlaped one another, trying to gain an idea on walkways, entrances and building area space.















No comments:

Post a Comment